Tomato soup is one of the most common appetizer in India. Each bowl of tomato soup are beneficial for health. It contains A, C, E, K, essential minerals and anti-oxidants which keeps you healthy and fit. So let’s learn how to make it.
Ingredients Of Tomato Soup
- 1/2 kg tomatoes
- 200 g carrot
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cream for garnishing (optional)
How to Make Carrot and Tomato Soup
- Mash the tomatoes and chop the carrots.
- Boil them together partially covered, with 1 cup water and the salt. (don’t add much water as it will thin the soup.)
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till the vegetables are completely cooked.
- Cool the vegetables.
- Pass through the liquid strainer or blend them in blender.
- Add water to make up to 4 cups of liquid.
- Keep the liquid on stove for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the sugar and the pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the cream.
You can also cut bread into small square pieces and fry them. Put the crispy bread crumbs into the soup.
For more health benefits, refer to this link.