There is hardly any person who does not love poha!! Poha, an everyday light and easy to cook snack is loved by all ! And what if you get a variant to your lovely poha? Now you can make poha with bread, easy and quick !
Variant of Regular Poha – Veg and easy to cook
Recipe – BREAD POHA:
- 4 slices of bread (Brown/white) , cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( raai )
- 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, 1/4 cup chopped capsicum, 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Use a non-stick pan, heat the oil/ghee in it and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the curry leaves
- Sauté for a few seconds on a medium flame.
- Add the veggies that you have chopped (Add the onions, tomatoes and green chillies, saute for 2 minutes, then add the capsicum and sauté)
- Add the turmeric powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- When you see golden color of onion and other veggies cooked, add the bread pieces, salt and a pinch of garam masala.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Cook for approx. 2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Switch off the flame.
Serve hot garnished with coriander.
You can add Boiled potato, peas, mushroom etc to your recipe too !
Refer to more breakfast snack options on : delicious healthy breakfast options