When you can make Ladoos at home, then why spend money to buy them? Aata ladoo filled with dryfruits is one of the delicacies enjoyed by Indians and this is one of the types of ladoos that they are famous for!
Ready to eat – Simple Ladoos
Recipe – Atta Ladoo:
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup whole wheat flour i.e. Atta
- 1 cup sugar (fine granules – pisi hui sugar)
- 1/3 cup roughly crushed almonds, cashews, pista (total 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom(Elaichi) powder
- Fry the atta on a low medium heat in a deep cooking pot until it gets little brownish color.It will take around 6-7 minutes.
- Add the dryfruits and roast for about 4 more minutes.
- Keep stirring the mixture, so that everything is evenly roasted.
- Add ghee and keep roasting, then again stir continuously.
- Now atta will have sweet aroma of roasting. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Now transfer the mixture to another bowl. Wait till it cools down a little, then add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well until sugar is completely mixed.
- Now make the ladoos. Take about 2 spoons of the above mixture into your palm and gently form a smooth, round ball.
- Shape the ladoos as per your desire. But smaller ladoos are always great as its easy to finish them in two bites.
- Cool the ladoos on a plate to room temperature before putting into a covered container.
The ladoos can be stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.